There is a lot of malware out there cleverly disguised as legitimate software. One such particularly damaging example is Search.swagbucks.com. It is no simple matter to remove Search.swagbucks.com. Although is poses as a virus utility, you can’t simply uninstall Search.swagbucks.com like you would a genuine utility.
If it were that easy to simply delete Search.swagbucks.com it would not pose nearly as much of a threat as it actually does. The malware was developed to resist any efforts to remove it. It is more profitable for the developers to have it linger on your system and send them as much or your confidential data to them as possible. Apart from sending out your data, the virus also slows your system and your internet connection as it does take up resources to do its dirty-work.
If you aren’t already infected, there are some things you should know about how this virus and other malware get on your computer in the first place. After all, you won’t need to get rid of Search.swagbucks.com if you don’t have it to begin with:
• It can infect you through social networks like Facebook and Twitter, be careful who you add as friends. Add only people you really know.
• It can get on your system through P2P clients, particularly those that require a codec. Notable examples are Limewire and Emule.
• It is often attached to downloadable freeware or shareware.
The first sign that you are about to be attacked is usually a deluge of unwanted pop-ups, often seemingly browser generated. The pop-up will tell you you’re infected and urge you to get protected by downloading the virus itself, which of course is where you real problems will start.
A commonly practiced method of Search.swagbucks.com removal is manual removal. It is done this way:
• All virus related processes, those with.EXE and.BAT extensions need to be deleted
• All DLL and LNK files that were created by the virus should be deleted
• All virus related entries in registry folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER need to be deleted, this can be done using the regedit command.
The preferred method to remove Search.swagbucks.com though, is to simply use a removal tool. The right removal tool can do a complete scan of every subdirectory of your system. It will have a more specific description of the virus. It can remove all traces of the virus permanently, and provide lasting defense against later infection.
Tired of viruses infecting your computer? Want to surf the web with the peace of mind that your computer is safe and secure? Get your free scan from the top virus protection and remove Search.swagbucks.com.